What do you think of when you hear the phrase “luxury retirement destination”? Do you think palm trees and beaches? Hip cities where there’s lots to do? A location that’s near everything you need and want: medical centers, international airports, culture and entertainment, local eateries and more? What cities cross your mind when you think of these things? Sure, there’s New York, Palm Beach, San Francisco … but Hidden Springs of McKinney welcomes you to think of a retirement destination that’s becoming more and more popular every day: McKinney, Texas.
These days, Texas is hot for more than just its weather. All across the state, cities and towns are being recognized as retirement destinations, with more and more active seniors moving here in order to live the lifestyle they want and deserve. One of these cities is the Dallas/Fort Worth Metro area, which includes McKinney, Texas in North Dallas.
“The Dallas/Fort Worth area was ranked as the 10th best metro area to retire to among the nation’s 50 largest, and it’s easy to see why,” says Doris Lea, Executive Director of Hidden Springs of McKinney, an active senior life community opening in McKinney, TX in October 2019. “According to what matters to seniors – crime rate, weather, cost of living, affordability, senior well-being and a variety of other factors – the area scores high for all the things active seniors are looking for these days.”
All these factors and more are reasons why Hidden Springs chose to build their community in McKinney, says Lea. “Independent seniors can find an engaging and active lifestyle waiting for them in North Dallas. With good public transportation, the proximity to culture and art, the affordability of the area, the southern charm and its excellent weather, it’s the perfect place for locals and others to retire. Everything North Dallas has to offer can be easily enjoyed in our senior life community. Best of all, residents will be able to take advantage of their surroundings for many years to come since our community provides a progressive lifestyle. No matter how health needs may change, our residents can enjoy their retirement years in McKinney, TX in style and comfort.”
McKinney by the Numbers
McKinney, TX is located about 30 miles north of Dallas. From 2000-2003, as well as 2006, it was listed as the nation’s fastest-growing city by the Census Bureau. It boasts a population of 180,000 (according to a survey done in January 2018), and was ranked by Money Magazine as the #1 “Best Place To Live” in America in 2014. Here’s a short list of the many other awards McKinney has earned:
- #17 on Texas Highways Magazine’s Best Destination Top 40 list in 2014
- Sixth Fastest-Growing City in the Nation in 2018 (WalletHub)
- #8 Best Place for First-Time Home Buyers (WalletHub)
- #2 Best Real Estate Market in the U.S. in 2017 (WalletHub)
- #1 U.S. City for First-Time Home Buyers in 2017 (WalletHub)
- #4 of Best Places in Texas to Raise a Family (Smartassets.com)
Southern Charm, Modern Hospitality
Looking beyond the numbers, McKinney is still attractive on many levels. It’s one of the nation’s hotbeds for jobs in aviation, medical services and green energy, and many Fortune 500 companies are just a commute away. College and career prep are pushed in their schools, with AP courses beginning in middle school and internships in a variety of industries in high school. The charming historic downtown contains a mix of boutiques, art galleries and farm-to-table restaurants, as well as small-town basics like shoe repair, a butcher and farm-supplies stores. It’s within driving distance of everything the metro has to offer, but is surrounded by parks, camping areas and historic attractions. As one resident says, it’s so bucolic that it’s “easy to forget you’re in a city!”
Luxury Retirement Living in North Dallas
For McKinney area seniors who are looking for an active retirement lifestyle in a city they love – or for transplants who are looking for everything a big city has to offer paired with a small-town feel – Hidden Springs of McKinney is the senior life community you’ve been looking for. Here’s how our new community can help you live well.
- A personalized lifestyle designed around your wants and needs in order to help you live well. You’ll receive not just one-of-a-kind programs and maintenance-free living, but you’ll also gain all the time you desire to pursue interests, hobbies and passions.
- Upscale amenities and incredible benefits, including an on-site art studio, delectable dining, a state-of-the-art fitness center, gorgeous gardens and nature trails, and so much more.
- A progressive care plan that provides confidence for a lifetime. You can enjoy the engaging, active retirement you want now, knowing that if your health needs change, you can age in place in your own home thanks to our various levels of care from independent living to assisted living to memory care.
- A wellness-focused approach that’s the first of its kind in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Our on-property wellness program, led by 12 expert physicians, will provide medical assistance and promote health awareness to all residents.
We invite you to visit Hidden Springs of McKinney and discover the secret to a life well-lived. For more information about our innovative, active senior life community or our beautiful location in McKinney, TX, please contact 972.445.9844.
Active Retirement Living for a Healthy Tomorrow
The secret to a life well-lived awaits you at Hidden Springs of McKinney. Envisioned and developed by Madison Marquette, a company with a 25-year track record of investing in vibrant communities and a stellar reputation for developing luxury residences, you’ll discover all the possibilities your retirement brings … as well as the confidence of knowing your future is secure.
Our beautifully appointed, active retirement living community is created for those who expect more out of life. Luxury living, gracious services, resort-quality amenities, engaging programs and stunning apartments in 12 floor plans are just a few of the benefits awaiting you. And with assisted living and memory care services offered on campus, you can retire with complete peace of mind, knowing that if needs change, the care you deserve is right at home.